Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

First of all, thank you to everyone who has stopped by this blog.  It's been a wonderful experience to talk about books and share our favorites.  I'm having a great time and am thankful to have the blog as a bit of a creative outlet and to "meet" great people along the way.

Next, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!  Great holiday!  What's better than sharing gratitude and food?  

We are celebrating with extended family and are mostly packed up and ready to go.  I think I've made a terrible error in planning though -- I have no book.  Shoot!  Vacations are one of the best opportunities for me to read and I realize this morning that I'm not prepared.  Of course, with two young children and a newborn, I may not get all that much time to read, but with lots of relatives around,  I'll likely get a few blissful, peaceful minutes here and there.  Perhaps I will grab a novel my husband just finished or read one of our relatives' magazines.  I'll survive, but next trip I want to plan better for reading.  We are going to Jamaica next year for a family wedding and I need to make books for the trip a bigger priority.

(The boys will have plenty of books for the trip, it will be hard to keep it to just a few that fit in the suitcases.)

Here's a book I wish I had on this trip -- 2 Kids and Tired Book Reviews shares what looks like a very interesting book about First Families.  Looks like great post-election season reading.  I'm also very interested in this book about Lang Lang featured at The Well Read Child.  I didn't know who Lang Lang was before reading the review but it sounds like a great book and I'm particularly interested in piano since we just brought one into our home.  

Have a wonderful, blessed, and tasty Thanksgiving!  I hope you get in some good reading too.

Karen and family

2 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Thanks for the shout-out! I thought it was a great book. Fascinating and easy to read. If you read it, I'll be interested to see your review!

Deanna H. said...

Lang Lang sounds like a great one. I'll have to put it on my list. Thanks for the info!