Monday, August 4, 2008

Chicken Soup with Rice - a book of months


Chicken Soup with Rice by Maurice Sendak is a book that's on my wish list after we checked it out from the library and I just didn't want to return it, (but we did).

Anyway, I'm not exactly sure what my attraction is to Chicken Soup with Rice.... but the book is adorable. It caught my eye resting in one of the bins in the children's section, and I just had to pick it up. There's something about the book, the size, the drawings.... it's charming, vintage-y and stylish in a Victorian, Martha Stewart-y kind of way. (Sorry that's the best I can do.... you'll have to go see for yourself and let me know how you would describe it.)

Then, you get to the rhymes..... each month has it's own rhyming poem that mentions Chicken Soup with Rice. I love it! I don't know why, but I love it! It's playful, it's interesting, it's silly!

I did not get to spend as much time with Chicken Soup with Rice as I would have liked. I want a second helping. Mmmmmmm.

If this little tiny taste makes you hungry, go check out Chicken Soup with Rice. I hope you find it delicious.

Chicken Soup with Rice: A Book of Months

2 comments:

Anna - Three Sneaky Bugs said...

A favorite from my childhood. How about this video for a second helping?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7mSseAx6rg
I think you'll like it.

Karen said...

Anna, thanks so much for posting the video! I did enjoy it. Love the song.