Sunday, September 21, 2008

Baby room photos

Here are photos of baby #3's nursery. We got the room together just last Saturday, and the baby may be coming in the next few days! I love our "reading chair" -- an awesome Dutailier glider found on Craigslist. What the room really needs is a book shelf / storage. I have a small basket next to the chair for now, but I'll want to increase our book storage space soon. Picture #2 features a soon-to-be big brother.

I'm also going to try and paint my own artwork for the room -- I picked up some stretched canvases on sale and some inexpensive acrylic paints to make car and truck pictures for the walls. Nothing too fancy, but hopefully attractive! I'm also hoping to make a valance, a little intimidating, but I'm feeling inspired and encouraged by a favorite blog, The Nesting Place.



2 comments:

The Nester said...

Hi Karen!

I'm so delighted for you that you are adding another one to your family! I know you can mistreat that window! You can even use what is there and just add some fringe to it or add panels down the side!

There is no wrong!

Karen said...

Thank you! Like the Little Engine That Could -- I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

I've been shopping and have fabric, a brand-spanking new glue gun, and various potential hooks and things on-hand to experiment with. I'm very excited to give it a try!