Monday, March 16, 2009

Bargain hunting at Sortfloorbooks.com

If you are looking for children's books at reasonable prices, check out Sortfloorbooks.com.  I just tried my first order there last night -- in total, I purchased six books for $20 ($12 + 8 shipping), which works out to $3.33 per book.  

The search is a little clumsy, but I was able to search popular authors (Karen Katz, Eric Hill, Ezra Jack Keats, Seuss, etc.) pretty easily.  We purchased I Spy books, two Max and Ruby books by Rosemary Wells, a Karen Katz lift the flap and a copy of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  Books may be marked used, and may have shelf wear.  I will let you know how it goes!

I love Amazon, but this may be a worthwhile alternative.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Sounds interesting! I admit that I am a total amazon junkie. I love the $25/free shipping thing, and I also get $25 coupons from having an amazon credit card. I am intrigued by Bookmooch.com, though, and am going to have to give that a try soon. We just gave away boxes of books when we moved recently.

Karen said...

I think it will be interesting. If the books are in like new condition, or close enough (books aren't treated that gently by my toddler boys anyway), I think it will be a very good value.

I also love searching for interesting children's books at resale shops and yard sales (when I can find the time).